Confessions of a Naturally Un-Skinny Girl

A few body loving tips from the huge amazonian herself (me).

Tip #1: Don’t make yourself miserable.

Life is too short to try to live on a SUPER strict diet/workout regime. You may never be little (you may never be curvier), but who really cares? As long as you are healthy as far as diet and exercise goes…why bother with killing yourself to be a size and shape you weren’t designed to be?

For example: I made a rule that I was never allowed to be on a super strict diet or workout for more than an hour a day when I traveled. Why? Because I refused to miss the sights, sounds, tastes, and pleasures of whatever country I was in for the sake of avoiding a few pounds/losing more weight.

You have been given one life…don’t waste it for the sake of torturing yourself for not having your “dream body.”

Tip #2: Embrace your body to find your happy place.

Stop fighting it! Stop fighting your curves!

Embrace the body you have been given, and use it to find your happiness. Find the body that you can maintain. Find the body that makes you eat well, exercise, and live a healthy lifestyle, while letting you enjoy life.

Example: Here are a few photos of my various weight fluctuations and what was required to achieve them.

Screen Shot 2014-07-31 at 9.53.43 AM

Size 6/8 Lucy: Bobble-head-ish, constantly hungry, and semi-addicted to the gym. In all seriousness, I was on a 1200 calorie diet, I worked out two hours a day, and I was so annoyed 90% of time, I was insufferable.

Screen Shot 2014-07-31 at 9.52.10 AM

Worth it to avoid looking like this? I think not.

Size 10 Lucy: Well proportioned, balanced diet, works out 4 times a week (on average). I eat well 80% of the time, and the other 20% I’m indulging with a bit of wine and maybe even some ice cream, I work out 3-6 times a week (depending on my schedule and such), and I live a lifestyle, not a diet.

I still work abnormally hard to be a size ten, but I can be happy with it. So find your happy.

Tip #3: Find your body role model.

Screen Shot 2014-07-31 at 10.13.53 AMScreen Shot 2014-07-31 at 10.13.04 AMScreen Shot 2014-07-31 at 10.13.33 AM

As you can tell, mine was Marilyn Monroe. Naturally, your role model may be different. Just find someone that looks similar enough to you to boost your confidence, give you ideas about how to work out, eat, dress, carry yourself, and offer you the inspiration you may need to maintain your happy place.

Tip #4: Learn to dress in a way that flatters you.

Forget the fad fashion that really only looks good on the models that wear them, and find a look that really flatters you. I like to put an emphasis on my small waist and big hips, while toning down my tummy and small boob area. I do this with a great fitted pencil skirt, a nice flowy blouse, and sometimes a dress fitted in all the right spots. I can’t wear pants because they are highly unflattering…but that’s okay, because I’ve found my look and I love it!

Tip #5: Love your body! Embrace your curves (or lack thereof)!

It’s that simple. Learn to dress yourself, stay healthy, find someone that helps boost your confidence, don’t best yourself up, and just embrace your body. This is the body you’ve been given to live the one life that you have and it is just WAY to short to spend your time and energy hating your body. Love yourself! I can’t make it much clearer than that!

And there you have it, the confessions of a naturally un-skinny girl! I hope this has helped you curvy or not so curvy girls the way this has all helped me.
Thanks for reading!
Much love,
Lucy Loves Life xx

Advertisements

One thought on “Confessions of a Naturally Un-Skinny Girl

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s